Historical Society and Friends of the Library Dedicate JLC Prints to the Library
On May 2, the Floral Park Library became the recipient of four, gallery-quality reproductions of artwork by John Lewis Childs. Two were given as a gift by the Friends of the Floral Park Library; the other pair are on permanent loan from the Floral Park Historical Society (FPHS). The prints featured some of Childs' most popular flowers, including irises, cosmos, pansies, and tulips.
The two from the FPHS were dedicated in honor of FPHS past directors George Bowen and Jeanne Petta.
Pictured right are Floral Park Village Mayor Thomas Tweedy and past FPHS director Jeanne Petta.
Also on display in the Library's Quiet Study area is a diorama created by Walter and Mary Gosden that shows the heart of Floral Park as it was circa 1900. It will be on display through May 23.